"Advancing Storm" has brought us a new version of the Dagor engine - 5.0 and with it improved graphics, detailed landscapes and weather effects. Locations are more beautiful and realistic, the sounds are more impressive and we have added two dozen new vehicles including five tanks at the 6th rank T-64B, M1 Abrams, Challenger, Leopard 2K and AMX-30 Brenus.
Dagor Engine 5.0 A new version of the game engine brings War Thunder improved graphics and effects.
• New landscape creation technology for ground vehicle locations
• New algorithms of landscape texturing and detalization
• Realistic mud and puddles
• New anti-aliasing technology (Variance Clipping TAA)
• Contact shadows and shadows on effects
• Realistic rain effects
• Layered fog and mist effects
Other graphical improvements:
• Dynamic clouds and sun
• The effects of the bullets/shells hitting the water, ground and other objects has been updated.
• The traces of HE shells impacting the ground with .50 calibre and higher has been improved.
• The algorithm for the postFX "Polynom" has been changed. The maximum brightness when using this post-effect has been limited to 2 times the original.
• USA F-84G-21-RE
• Germany He 177A-5
• USSR La-200
• Britain MB.5 (pack), Spitfire Mk Vb, Spitfire Mk Vb/trop (reworked model), Spitfire Mk Vc,
•Spitfire Mk Vc/trop (reworked model)
• Japan Ki-108
• Italy Spitfire Mk Vb/trop (premium), Re.2000 serie 1
• France Martin 167-A3, Yak-3 (premium), M.D.452 Mystere IIC pre-series